A "Cru Classé" wine-growing estate with a strong historical past and rich architectural heritage. The Romans cultivated vines in the 2nd century BC.
Then came the Lérins monks, from the 10th to 18th centuries.
Since 1740, Château de Saint Martin has been in the same French aristocratic family and has almost always been passed from mother to daughter, while combining the art of entertainment and hosting with a range of elegant and refined wines.
The Château de Saint Martin vineyard culminates at an altitude of 130 metres and is located where two geological zones meet, giving characterful wines whose identity and authenticity are fiercely preserved.
To the south are the cristalline formations of the Maures, red shale, coarse sandstone, fine clay with grains of quartz and lime from scree from the slopes.
To the north are formations from the Upper Triassic: one metre thick layers of clay and vermiculated limestone are particularly favourable for growing vines and producing great quality wines.