In the 14th century, during their stay in Avignon, Popes, and particularly Jean XXII, constructed the Papal château in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Falling in love with the exceptional terroir, they developed the vineyard on the slopes surrounding the Château and participated greatly to the promotion of the wines over the world.
Domaine de Beaurenard has been a family estate for seven generations in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. A notarial deed, dated 16th December 1695, mentions "Bois Renard", which, over the years became "Beaurenard".
The Coulon brothers, Daniel and Frédéric succeeded Paul and Régine and committed to continuing the tradition. The estate extends over 32 hectares of Châteauneuf-du-Pape vines and 25 hectares of Côtes du Rhône Villages Rasteau. The whole estate is cultivated using organic and biodynamic production.