A LITTLE HISTORY A manuscript from 1396, conserved in the estate's archives, testifies to the purchase of Champs de Cris. This location is still today planted with vines and belongs to Domaine du Château de Tracy. In 1586, François Stutt married Françoise de Bar, who brought the Tracy family seat as her dowry. Through their marriage, the descendants of the Comte d'Assay and his younger brother, François Stutt, current owners of the Château de Tracy, brought together two branches of one family separated for more than 4 centuries. THE ESTATE TODAY The Château de Tracy stands on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Loire, in a commune that is named after it. A very beautiful Renaissance gate adorns the façade, which has a sober elegance. A Medieval keep dominates the high slate towers.