On Mâcon slopes, overlooking the Sâone plain, can be found the two villages of Viré and Clessé.
Viré-Clessé is above all a history of two villages, but also the love that the wine-makers have for this earth, which is so favourable to quality white Burgundy wines. A homage of sorts to the generations who planted the vines, loved the land and dedicated their talents to it.
The Clessé Cooperative was set up in 1927, on the initiative of vine-growers wanting to improve the quality of their wine on an ongoing basis. Out of love for wine, it was after 30 years of unrelenting dedication that Mr Luzy passed the chair of the cooperative to Mr Renard in 1995.
He faithfully contributed to the establishment of the cru: having received numerous awards (gold medal in 1998), Viré-Clessé finally obtained AOC status in 1998 and became our leading product.